Why You Should Report a Minor Accident to Your Insurance Company

It occurs regularly: after a automobile accident with no accidents and negligible harm, the concerned drivers agree upon a settlement with out involving their respective insurance coverage corporations and minus the official police report. Unfortunately, too many occasions this association simply doesn't finish effectively.

According to the consultants, the one manner that you may be assured that you'll get compensated for the damages is to file an insurance coverage declare.

  HOME INSURANCE WHAT DOES IT COVER

Take the next incident for a primary instance of the above.

I used to be minding my very own enterprise as I drove down the quiet, rural avenue the place my house is positioned. Suddenly, I felt the drive of a crash as one other automobile collided into me from behind. I exited my automobile to view the harm. To my shock, the opposite driver - the one who had prompted the accident - was my good pal and neighbor.
"Sorry," stated John with a sheepish smile.

"Don't worry about the damage, I'll take care of it personally. Let's not involve the police or the insurance companies. This way, there's no risk of an insurance premium increase, as often occurs after making a claim."

At the time, it did not happen to me that there could be any downside with this association. After all, John and I had been buddies, neighbors that met regularly.

"Sure," I responded. "If that's the way it works best for you, I'll go along with it."
Well, the story didn't finish on a cheerful observe. I acquired the again fender mounted and despatched my receipt to John, with no thought that there could be something to fret about.

I used to be improper.

It's been 60 days for the reason that accident, and I've but to obtain recompense from John who has no scarcity of excuses and guarantees that the fee is coming...

The above situation repeats itself time and time once more after minor collisions.
Drivers, beware!

Even if the opposite driver is your pal, neighbor or a trusted acquaintance, there may be by no means 100 % assurance that you will note fee for the damages she or he prompted.

In an occasion the place the liable driver doesn't honor his or her financial dedication, time has elapsed and it could be too late to supply ample substantiation in regard to damages and who's at fault

Besides, the liable driver might betray your belief and report the accident to his or her insurance coverage provider. He or she might go even additional with the betrayal by twisting info and really mendacity about harm claims that by no means had been current on the time of the accident. If this happens, your insurance coverage firm might need to ship out a big fee. It can also provoke a lawsuit towards you, in addition to forcing you to pay the rest of what the courts deem your obligation after your insurance coverage firm has reached the boundaries of your coverage's protection. Lastly, you may be in for an disagreeable premium enhance.


Why You Should Report a Minor Accident to Your Insurance Company

Post a Comment

0 Comments